5.7.12

Today marks day one million in this oppressive heat wave. I'm really looking forward to being able to sleep with the windows open again someday.

This morning, after sleeping until 10:30, I told myself that I would still go outside and run if the heat index was below 85. When I checked around 10:45, it was 84. Still cool enough to work out. 

The spiderwebs on the trail have gotten a bit intense, so my first lap around now consists of a fast walk in which I wave a rake up and down in front of me. It's effective, but it's one of those things where I'm really glad no one else can see back into our woods. 

For whatever reason, my mood today on the trail was really positive. I noticed that I hadn't even broken a sweat after my first lap, which is a HUGE improvement from when I started. It's nice to be able to *feel* progress. 

In any case, I met another goal: I ran for 5 laps without stopping. That's 5/7 of a mile! So much sweat and accomplishment. 

I worked out today: 
3 minute quick walk with super-awesome rake action
12 minute run
15 sit ups x3
10 bicep curls x3
10 squats x3

New goal: 
Run 7 laps without stopping. That's one mile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment