6.7.12

After examining my eating habits and calorie intake for the last week, I've decided that alcohol may be to blame for the lack of weight loss. While I wasn't going over my limit calorie-wise, I learned that alcohol turns to acetate in the body, which produces something that slows fat burning. Like, dramatically slows fat burning. 


During my first week of calorie counting and exercise, I was on an antibiotic that forced me to stay clean and sober. After that week I had terrific weight loss. After last week, during which I was drinking again, I had no weight loss whatsoever. Connection? Maybe. We'll see.

In any case, while I *do* love tequila, I love the idea of weight loss even more. So, I've decided to limit drinking to weekends and holidays. I'm not sure I'm willing to limit it more than that for now, but we'll see. 

I'm going to start experimenting with non alcoholic, paleo beverages. Here's a delicious batch of lemon lime water I enjoyed yesterday. Nothing fancy, nothing caloric. 
Mmmmm... refreshing!

I worked out today:
10 minute run
20 minutes doing various activities on the Wii Fit
2 minute "X work" (via P90)
2 minute 30 second punches (via P90)
20 sit ups x4
12 bicep curls x3

2 comments:

  1. I have so far been unwilling to give up my glass or two of wine a day, but this post is making me reconsider that, as I am in a very similar situation :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE relaxing with a tequila and diet tonic, or glass of wine, or any other number of alcoholic concoctions. I'm putting weight loss ahead of relaxation for now, but it certainly hasn't been easy!

      Delete