28.7.12

It was cool this morning. 68 degrees feels amazing compared to the 80s I've been running in this week. The humidity is still pretty high, but I can deal with humidity if there aren't bajillion degree temps behind it.

I'm REALLY enjoying running to my playlist. Today's best song was Gwen Stefani's "What You Waiting For?", which had a beat that matched my pace exactly. I've also noticed that the music helps distract me from the task at hand (which is to say, running whilst trying not to die).

Anyway, today's cool weather combined with today's fun playlist selections = a new personal best. I'm really proud of myself. When I started this endeavor, I couldn't run 1/7th of a mile. I couldn't run for more than 1 minute.

I worked out today:
38 minute run totaling 2.06 miles

Here's proof from the new app I'm using. RunKeeper shorted me on distance AGAIN today, but thankfully I had my husband's phone with the new app in my pocket as well. I downloaded the new app (iSmoothRun) on my own phone, and will now rely on it instead of SuckKeeperMcNotAccurate.


Woohoo! 
New Goals:
1. Run 3 miles
2. Run 1 mile in less than 13 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment