27.6.12

Wednesday is Weigh Day.

I was really nervous waking up this morning. I knew I had to step on the scale to see my first week's progress, but I was definitely worried that the numbers on the scale wouldn't be to my liking. I've tried diet plans before, gone for a whole week with gusto, and then completely given up after seeing dismal scale results.

Adding to my nerves was the fact that I'm feeling REALLY GOOD about what I've done in the past week. I feel *excited* about working out and calorie counting, which is not something I've really ever said before. In any case, I didn't want a sad scale to ruin the excitement and my drive to succeed.

Sooo, I convinced myself to take the scale out of the scale drawer, place it on the floor, and step up. I could barely watch as the numbers flicked upward. And then the numbers stopped.

275.4

Last Wednesday I weighed 281. That's nearly 6lbs GONE. Needless to say, I yelled "yaaaaay" around the house and then called my husband to continue to yell "yaaaaaay" into the phone.

I *know* the weight loss won't always be this high. I was on my period last week, which surely added a few pounds to last week's weigh-in. Still. STILL. I feel great. I feel proud.

So, after the high of seeing my week's progress shown on the scale, I decided to go work out. Yesterday, I set a goal of being able to run around the forest loop once.

Today I ran around it twice without stopping. Blamo.

I worked out today:
20minutes walk/run
22 kettle bell swings x3
15 sit ups x3
10 squats x3
10 calf raises x3
10 lift the 10lbweights above my head thingies x3

New goals:
Lose 1.5 lbs by Wednesday, July 4th
Run 3 times around the loop without stopping

No comments:

Post a Comment