30.6.12

I can run for 1/2 a mile!

After yesterday's kick-filled workout, I was sure my legs would be sore and tired this morning. Since they weren't, I decided to get outdoors before the sun baked us into the 90s for yet another day.

I set out for a run, intent on going for two laps without stopping. After my second lap, I thought "Hey, I can keep going!" And so I did. I stopped after 3.5 laps, which means I accomplished another goal! AND I get to say "I can run for 1/2 a mile", which I something I absolutely could not have said prior to last week. Hooray!

I worked out today:
18 minutes of walk/run
15 kettle bell swings x2
15 sit ups x3
10 squats x3
10 calf raises x3
10 bicep curls x3

My right hip is a bit sore now, so I need to make sure I keep an eye on that. It'd be a real letdown to have an injury so soon into this process.

New goals:
Avoid injury.
Run five laps without stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment