9.2.13

I worked damn hard this week. I worked out on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and today. I made sure to stay well under my calorie goals (I'm currently 1,200 calories under for the week). If you'll recall, I even gave up alcohol on Sunday to speed the weight loss prior to vacay.

So yesterday morning, when I stepped on the scale and saw the same number as the week prior, I was very very sad. I expected at least 247, but it was still stuck on 249. I pouted the whole morning.

And THEN I realized that perhaps the Metformin was actually doing its intended job, and I was scheduled to start my period soon. I had cried when reading poetry to my class the day before... that doesn't usually happen.

So I used the Seventeen Magazine Period Calculator, because apparently in my 28 years on earth I never figured out how to tell when my period would happen next. Also I got some cute fashion tips from the guys of One Direction.

After a brief bit of research, I learned that women actively trying to lose weight shouldn't weigh themselves 5-10 days before the start of their next period. Water retention is a bitch, apparently, and can inflate the scale by up to 7lbs.

So, since my scale stayed the same, I'm still doing well. Crisis averted. End of pity party.

No comments:

Post a Comment