9.12.12

Something different.

A few months back, I mentioned to my husband that I might want to try a new way of working out. Since he's now some sort of super fitness guru, he sent me a beginners calisthenics workout he put together himself. Today, after waking up and not exactly feeling like running, I decided to give it a go.

And it was awkward. I had to shut the front blinds because I didn't want the church-goers driving by to witness me in all my ridiculous glory.

First of all, planks are really hard. I watched an instructional video, and this confident plank lady was all, "Depending on your level of fitness, you'll be able to hold a plank anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes."

Apparently I have no "level" of "fitness" because my plank lasted a shaky 10 seconds before collapsing. Don't even get me started on side planks.
"Look how happy I am! And not shaky at all! Side planks are super fun! Aren't you having SO MUCH FUN?"
So anyway, I finished the 25 minute workout and felt shaky but otherwise proud that I tried something new.

I worked out today:
25 minutes of planks, knee lifts, bench dips, bent rows, wall pushups, and jackknife squats

1 comment: